Look Ahead in the North is an annual residential weekend run by Headway at The Calvert Trust, Kielder Forest. The 2020 event will be held over the period 20-22 March 2020.
The programme for the weekend has yet to be published but, in line with previous years, is likely to run from 16:00 on Friday 20 March 2020 until 13:00 on Sunday 22 March 2020. A range of activities will be laid on which, should the programme of the past few years be followed, will include activities such as:
- Live Music
- Calvert Trust Activities – King Swing, Zip Wire, High Ropes, Indoor Climbing Wall, Archery, Motor Boat, Golf Buggy rides, Laser Clay Shooting and giant Chess.
- Holistic Therapies
- African Drumming Workshop
- Mobile Petting Zoo
- Bird of Prey demonstration
- LAN’s Got Talent
- Creative Crafts
- Caricature Artist
A report, photos and videos from Look Ahead in the North 2019 can be found here:
The cost for Headway North Cumbria members to attend the weekend will be £90.
Headway North Cumbria, like the other Headway groups and branches in the region have been allocated 10 places for the event, though additional places may be bid for if other branches are unable to fill their quotas. It is possible that demand for the event will exceed the number of places allocated to us so, should this prove to be the case, places will be allocated to interested participants in accordance with the following priorities:
- Priority 1 – Members that have never previously participated at a LAN event.
- Priority 2 – Members that have attended previously but did not attend LAN 2019.
- Priority 3 – Members that attended in 2019.
Based on the interest expressed the 10 places allocated to Headway members have been assigned to individuals that fall into the Priority 1 and 2 categories. Booking forms for these 10 have been completed and a £30 deposit paid to secure their places. The balance of £60 will be due in early 2020.
Unsuccessful applicants have been notified and included on a prioritised reserve list in the event that additional places can be secured.