- This event has passed.
Day Centre Re-opens
7 March at 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Headway North Cumbria will re-open its Day Centre on Monday 7 March 2022. The venue will be the New Waterton Hall and timings will be 13:30 – 15:00 – as they were at the end of 2021.
The Day Centre will run on a weekly basis thereafter, except on Bank Holidays.
The intent is to start with a limited range of activities on offer, with a view to gradually building up to the offering of pre-COVID levels after Easter. This is subject to having sufficient volunteers to organise and facilitate activities. In particular the following should be noted:
– No crafts on 7 March 2022, though dominoes will be offered. 7 March will be used to discuss intentions with members and to establish their ideas regarding the way ahead for the Day Centre.
– Crafts will resume on 14 March 2022.
– The Annual General Meeting will be held on 21 March 2022.
– Table tennis / pool table will be introduced, as required, and on demand.
– Cooking will resume on 25 April 2022 – after the Easter Break.
Members will be aware that, in England, the Government has removed legal restrictions regarding COVID-19 and replaced them with guidance on how to live with COVID-19. With this in mind we offer the following advice to volunteers, members and carers attending the Day Centre:
– test regularly and ideally take a Lateral Flow Test (whilst they are still available free of charge) before attending the Day Centre.
– do not attend the Day Centre if you test positive for COVID-19 and/or have symptoms.
– ensure that you have been vaccinated.
– wear a face mask and social distance (where practicable) when you come into contact with people you do not normally meet.
– wash and/or sanitise your hands regularly.